Sunday, May 15, 2011

To The Beat of My Heart

Music is a major part of who I am today. I listen to whatever I feel strongly about in that moment, weather it be happiness, sadness, anger, betrayal, or any of the emotions in between. Music has helped get me though a lot of stuff, and I think that sometimes it is just easier to express these emotions through singing along to these songs, instead of acting out on the emotions. Sometimes though, it's just fun to sing and dance in the car.

One of my most favorite songs of 2010 was the song "Pyromania" by the German-based Euro-Pop group Cascada. This song was my go to dance song, and while it never picked up in the US, it was always blasting in my car. All my friends eventually learned the words to it (which was pretty simple), and we would have these silly little dances for it. It was, overall, just a fun song, and it's one of the few songs that I enjoyed just for the pure simplicity of it.
The music video for it was pretty fun, too.


One of my personal favorite older songs has always been ABBA's "Mamma Mia". I grew up listening to ABBA, but (and what I find to be funny), is that I learned who ABBA was through a band called the A Teens, who started out as an ABBA tribute band. My mom was so excited when I told her I loved "Dancing Queen" and "Mamma Mia" that she bought me ABBA's "GOLD" CD, and I had no idea who these "other people" were singing my songs. Ever since then, ABBA has been a major music act for me.



And, Just for fun, here are some other music videos from Cascada in case you want to check them out:
(In order from most recent)
San Francisco
Night Nurse
Fever
Dangerous
Evacuate The Dancefloor
What Hurts The Most
Everytime We Touch

1 comment: